Workshops (updated January 2014)
As part of your initial certification requirements for New York State Library Media Specialist Certification, you are required to take three workshops:
- Child Abuse Prevention
- (Dignity for All Students) DASA
Child Abuse Prevention and the SAVE Workshop
- Both Child Abuse and SAVE are available online. Complete these workshops prior to the beginning of student teaching and submit a copy of your certificate to the LMS Coordinator.
- Link to online portal for workshops: http://www.childabuseworkshop.com/
Dignity for All Students Workshop (DASA)
DASA is required for all teacher candidates in NY State graduating after December 31, 2013. For more information on DASA, see http://www.p12.nysed.gov/dignityact/
Pratt SILS will offer DASA in fall 2013 and spring 2014.
- Spring DASA Workshop
- Presented by Student Assistance Services
- January 31, 2014
- PMC Room 610
- 10am-5pm with break for lunch
- Register by emailing the LMS Coordinator; priority to LMS Students graduating in Spring 2014 and current student teachers